Sunday 11 June 2017

10 reasons to donate

So with my coffee afternoon taking place next Saturday (all welcome) I thought I would post 10 reasons to donate to my trip to help encourage people to donate.

1)  I will be working with children in order to enrich their lives.

2) I plan to share my skills so that when I have left the children will be able to use what I thought them.

3) I spend 4 weeks there, I am not expecting to change their lives forever but I hope that my time will make a difference when with them.

4) In Uganda the average length of schooling is 3 and a half years. I hope the skills I bring will enrich whatever length of time they spend in school.

5) As well as working in the school if there is an opportunity to engage with the local community I will and hope to give them skills to carry for their lives.

6) This is a trip of a lifetime and something I have wanted to do for a while, to see how people in the 3rd world live. This I image will give me a new appreciation for life.

7) This trip means 4 weeks away from family and friends. I don't know how much contact I will be able to have with home in those 4 weeks. I am going out of my comfort zone, this is a huge thing for me.

8) I hope to be as Christ to these people while with them


9) As a voluntary post I am not getting paid for doing this.

10) I am nervous leaving my comfort zone.

Please help me finance this amazing trip. You can donate at www.idonate.ie/melissauganda


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Reflection Lk 22: 24-30

On Saturday I was struck by the Gospel for the second day in a row. Odd, I don't know if it was because of the place I was in or mearly ...