Saturday 3 June 2017

A quick update

Hi all,

As I get ever so closer to my departure date for Uganda I am going to try regular updates, I say they will be short enough as not much to report.

On Thursday the first of our training group, G101 departed on his 6-month mission to Kenya. I wonder will he bump into any of 'my Kiltegan family' during his work??? Anyhow, best of luck to James.

Me...... I have about 6 weeks to my departure. After training, I started to get really nervous about going but then a missionary friend, someone who spent years in Africa and who has a bit of a background in Psychology told me to stop with the nerves as I'll only talk myself out of it. So I am trying to focus on the positives. And I was doing so well until someone accidentally (I believe) made me realise that I'll have no1 in Uganda (other than the team). But I quickly walked away from that fear remembering what was said to me previously.

O the preparation front, just 2 things left, the online child protection, hopefully, that will be done over the next few days and the filling out of the medical form. That will be done in due course. I should start by printing it and work from there. Ha.

On the fundraising side. I am expecting more money in this coming week so won't give a figure yet. I just want to take this opportunity to give a big shout out and extend a huge thank you to Deirdre Cusack and all in Ballinamere NS for their support. On Thursday last they held a free dress day which raised 332 Euro for me. I haven't physically seen the money as it was collected from the school for me and lodged into the Credit Union for me. I plan on moving it into my Uganda account today. The next event is a coffee afternoon on June 17th from 2.30 till about 4.30. If you are around Carlow please feel free to pop in, say hello and donate to this worthy cause. If you are not living in Carlow and are planning on travelling let me know.

To everyone who has donated to date a sincere thank you. Online I have raised 805 euro. The online account will close at the end of the month. This is to ensure VMM have all monies before I go out. If you would like to donate online you can do so at idonate.ie/melissauganda

Thanks all
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Reflection Lk 22: 24-30

On Saturday I was struck by the Gospel for the second day in a row. Odd, I don't know if it was because of the place I was in or mearly ...