Sunday 21 December 2014

A warm witty Short Christmas story

Last weekend someone asked me am I still writing. Saw this story in the parish newsletter and thought it was the perfect way to get back into my writing,  hope I can keep it up:

It was the day after Christmas at St Peter and Paul's Church in Kent,  England. Father John, the vicar, was looking at the nativity scene outside when he noticed the baby Jesus was missing from the figures. Immediately, Father John's thoughts turned to calling the local policeman but as he was about to do so, he saw little Nathan with a red wagon, and in the wagan was the figure of the little infant, Jesus. Father John approached Nathan and asked him, 'well, Nathan,  where did you get the little infant?' Nathan looked up, smiled and replied, 'I took him from the church.'
'And why did you take him? ' With a sheepish grin, Nathan said,  'well Father John,  about a week before Christmas I prayed to Lord Jesus. I told him if he would bring me a red wagon for Christmas, I would bring him for a spin around the block in it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Reflection Lk 22: 24-30

On Saturday I was struck by the Gospel for the second day in a row. Odd, I don't know if it was because of the place I was in or mearly ...