Saturday 5 July 2014

How time passes

When I was thinking last night about writing in my blog the above was not the subject in my mind but when we make plans the Lord laughs.  So subject change thanks to the Lord.

As I sat in the church last night, smelt my beads and thought of this time 7 years ago I just thought of how quickly time passes. Monday will mark 7 years, Tuesday will mark 21, time really does pass quickly, it is sometimes hard to believe just how quickly. Sure today is June 5th already,  it only seems like yesterday we were at the start of this year . It frightens me just how quickly time passes,  I often wonder where the week went.

Nobody knows what tomorrow holds, what will happen next week. People are getting sick,  dying every day, this is a fact.  Unfortunately this sometimes means we lose a loved one,  friend and we are not ready.  Next thing we know we are marking their first anniversary or their 2nd, wondering where the year went,  remembering the funeral as if it was yesterday.

When we wonder where the time went it can be good to think of what we have achieved in the time, that way we will not feel that the time was wasted. And by reflecting we can decide what we need to do in order to change the direction our life is going or how we can enjoy it more.

It is important to make the most of the time you have as no1 knows how much time they have left.  Yet its also important for us to not feel like we have to do everything right away, that will put us under pressure which will have a knock on affect on how we enjoy life.

Time passes quickly, too fast at times. We have no control over how quickly time passes.  So grab the world with both hands, follow your dreams,  do what you want (within reason), don't let anybody tell you that you can't do something or dash your dreams. You can be whatever you want to be. Enjoy your life and don't regret not doing something

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Reflection Lk 22: 24-30

On Saturday I was struck by the Gospel for the second day in a row. Odd, I don't know if it was because of the place I was in or mearly ...