Monday 17 April 2017

Update on my efforts

Efforts are solely focused on fundraising at the moment. As I write this I have raised 1275 Euro, I am happy with that. I was a little disappointed with the raffle I had through the gym as it only raised 40 euro with only 2 members entering, a couple of the staff entered then and my neighbour gave 20 quid towards it, as it happened her son won both prizes. When his name was pulled out a second a second time I asked the gym guy to pull again but he said it was fair that the guy who won both prizes got both as his name was pulled.... Originally there were 3 prizes in the raffle but I withdrew the third prize as I felt I could not justify a 1oo Euro voucher for such a low uptake. Instead, I am raffling off the 100 Euro voucher towards a tandem skydive/ parachute jump separately. Anyone that wants to enter can. The way it works is you pick a number between 1-47, donate 5 euro at idonate.ie/melissauganda and whatever is the bonus number in the main lotto draw on May 3rd wins the voucher. If somebody hasn't picked the bonus number... I need to put more thought into that dilemma but I will probably roll it over to the next lotto draw.  The voucher only covers a portion of the skydive. I would advise people to get in quick in order to get the number they want. I will only confirm your number when the donation is made. If you give me a number I will hold on to it for a period to let you donate before I will release it back out. The best way to do enter is to donate and then give me the number. And spread the word, you might not be up to doing a skydive but you might have family or friends who would be interested,

On other fundraising efforts..... My 24 hour fast is happening this Saturday and Sunday. You can donate to this on idonate.ie/melissauganda, Personally, I am not looking forward to it but will probably vacate the house Saturday night and a lot of Sunday so that I am not as close to temptation. I will begin after dinner Saturday evening (probably 6). 

And then on the following weekend, I have my Church Gate collection in Bennekerry on Sunday, April 30th. And thanks to my PP the regulars at mass in Bennekerry know my name now as he announced it when giving me a cert Holy Thursday night during the ceremony. They probably were able to connect it when they seen the notice of the collection in the newsletter at the weekend. 

And then there is the free dress day in my old school. The date wasn't set before Easter but I know that is happening. I will access where I am fundraising wish after the Church Gate collection and see if I need to put on anything else. The PP over in Tullow has suggested a coffee morning so hopefully, after essays are submitted I will sort that. And I am hoping to have a coffee afternoon or something along that line in Kiltegan sometime in May or June, nothing planned, I'll see how much I have raised.

Remember if you would like to enter the draw for the skydive voucher donate 5 Euro at idonate.ie/melissauganda and send me on your number between 1-47 either through facebook or Twitter. If we are not connected on either of these and you have my number text me. Failing that leave a message with your donation with a way in which I can contact you. And remember..... spread the word and ask friends and family if they would be interested. You can donate with the prize going to them, I know skydiving ain't for everyone. 

Thanks. 
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Reflection Lk 22: 24-30

On Saturday I was struck by the Gospel for the second day in a row. Odd, I don't know if it was because of the place I was in or mearly ...