Wednesday 5 April 2017

A quick update.

Sorry for the delay in getting this update to ye guys, I know I said i would do it Monday but something else needed to be written.

First off, I have raise 955 euro to date. If you have been on the idonate website you might be wondering why there is a discrepancy between the figure it has and my figure here. The idonate is only keeping track of the online donations. I haven't put what I have raised offline on it.

My 24 hour fast is on the 22/23 April. The date in which I do the fast may change slightly as there is a festival on that weekend and a friend might come up for it. I will be doing the fast that weekend, either the Friday and Saturday or the Saturday and Sunday. I'll keep you posted. I aim to have reached the 100 euro mark in the fundraising by the time of the fast. With this is mind if you would like to donate you can do so at idonate.ie/melissauganda.

I received my collection permits off the Gardai for my church gate collections. First church gate collection is taking place in Bennekerry, Carlow on April 30th. Just got to email Norah in the parish office to get her to put the notice in the newsletter. And mark the buckets kindly given to me by my neighbour.

I am holding a raffle in the leisure centre in the Talbot Hotel, Carlow. It was due to take place on Tuesday April 11th but I have pushed it back to Thursday the 13th as I forgot I have something on this weekend so might be under pressure for Tuesday. So far there has been a poor take to this raffle. I am hoping that it picks up. There are 3 prizes, a food hamper, 3 months membership and a 100 euro voucher towards a tandem parachute jump. Tickets are 2 euro a strip or 3 for 5 euro. Tickets can be bought at the leisure centre reception or by contacting me directly. I think the parachute jump is class and I'd enter just for that but it is probably unethical since the raffle is for my trip.

My old Primary school are doing a 'free dress day' for me after Easter, date will be decided after the Easter. I delivered the required info to the principal on Monday as she had not received my email. Also, the PP in Tullow has suggested a coffee morning so I will look into that in May. If anybody would like to donate tea, coffee, milk or sugar towards this give me a shout. I will probably bake a few buns. I am hoping to have a few coffee mornings.

Think that is it for now. Oh...... watch this space, I might have something to raffle off among family and friends after Easter.

And don't forget..... you can donate at idonate.ie/melissauganda or by contacting me directly. VMM want the monies raised transferred to them 3 weeks before I leave so I think i worked that out as June 26th.

thanks
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Gospel Reflection Lk 22: 24-30

On Saturday I was struck by the Gospel for the second day in a row. Odd, I don't know if it was because of the place I was in or mearly ...